Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Second Day of Simulation Lab

Today was our second day of Simulation Lab with Mrs. Hall. She is a GREAT instructor. I am finally feeling like I am learning something. We took two quizzes, I got a 100 on one and an A on the other. Then, we checked off on sterile wet-to-dry dressings, not my favorite....but I got an A on that too. The rest of the day was spent teaching us about and how to do blood transfusions and the purpose of those. I left with my brain overloaded, but very happy that I did well today and that I learned something that stuck! We didn't get to do anything with the amazing dummy today, but next week we will be checked off with it and he will be having a transfusion reaction, good stuff! Arterial blood gases and hematology are on the study list for next week... Yuck!
I  have a lot on my schedule for the rest of the week. Class tomorrow all afternoon, then wedding dress shopping with Lauren (have to do my maid of honor duties) :), work Friday night and Saturday morning. Then, I am looking forward to spending a little time with Buddy, Stephanie, and Bo! Oh, and some time Sunday afternoon with Amanda and Jesse. Busy, Busy, but what in the world would I do if my schedule wasn't full and I wasn't scrounging around for more time?

1 comment:

  1. Great to read about your day. Sounds hectic but rewarding. You are going to be a great addition to the medical profession.

    ReplyDelete